- Mooyi Limited (“Mooyi”) connects brands with their audiences on offline and online channels and enables automation for every growth challenge.
- This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) guides your use of our Website: https://mooyi.africa (“the Website”) and your rights regarding our collection, use, storage and protection of your personal data when you visit, access, browse through and/or use our Website or Services. Your privacy is important to us.
- Controller The Controller of your personal data according to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) regarding our Site is:
- Non-personally identifying information.
With the Site you provide us with general non-personally identifying information such as the browser type, referring site, the date and time of each visitor request. Our purpose in collecting such information is to better understand how our Site is used and to maintain its proper functionality.
- Personal Information and Log Data
We do not collect personally identifying information such as your name, email, address or phone number from your visit to the Site, unless you intentionally sign up with us or fill our contact us form and give us an explicit consent. In this case, we will collect your name (name and last name), email, address and phone number. We will use this data to respond to your query and subsequently send you some promotional or informational e-mails. If you prefer not to receive these e-mails, an option to unsubscribe will be included in the message. When you use the Site, our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit the Site. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your access, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Your personal data that we process
- Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be directly or indirectly identified. We do not consider personal data to include information that has been made anonymous such that it does not identify a specific user. In connection with the services we provide, we collect personal information from you while you use our products, services and websites when you create an account or sign into our website and/or app. We may ask you to directly provide us with specific personal data to contact or identify you and some automatically for our website and/or app to function effectively.The personal data we obtain include:
|Service users||All Visitors|
|Full name||The domain name of the Internet service provider (ISP)|
|Phone number||Data and time of your visits;|
|Residential Address||The Internet protocol address used to connect your device to the Internet for identification purposes|
|Login email addresses and passwords||Web pages visited, duration and frequency of visit|
|Place of birth|
|Additional personal data may be gotten from third-party applications and other identification/verification services.|
- We provide users of Mooyi, 3 different user plans which require three different privacy obligations listed below. The personal data we obtain includes:
|Starter Plan||Business Plan||Pro Plan|
|As a User enrolled in the Starter Plan, you hereby provide your explicit consent and agree that any contacts you upload may be utilized by us for anonymized remarketing purposes. We assure you that your data will be handled with utmost privacy and security, in line with our stringent data protection policies.||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
|Pursuant to the aforementioned clause, you hereby acknowledge and agree that you have secured the requisite consent from each individual on your contact list, thereby authorizing not only the disclosure of their information but also its utilization by a third party, in this instance, us.||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
|Every user of Mooyi, irrespective of their respective subscription plan, must affirm that they have obtained explicit permissions from their customers/contacts to share their data with us for marketing purposes with each instance of contact upload.||Every user of Mooyi, irrespective of their respective subscription plan, must affirm that they have obtained explicit permissions from their customers/contacts to share their data with us for marketing purposes with each instance of contact upload.||Every user of Mooyi, irrespective of their respective subscription plan, must affirm that they have obtained explicit permissions from their customers/contacts to share their data with us for marketing purposes with each instance of contact upload.|
|All users of Mooyi, irrespective of their specific subscription plan, are required to affirm, for each instance of contact upload, that they have procured the necessary consent from their customers/contacts, or that their customers/contacts have expressly opted in to receive messages, prior to initiating any message dissemination via third-party platforms.||All users of Mooyi, irrespective of their specific subscription plan, are required to affirm, for each instance of contact upload, that they have procured the necessary consent from their customers/contacts, or that their customers/contacts have expressly opted in to receive messages, prior to initiating any message dissemination via third-party platforms.||All users of Mooyi, irrespective of their specific subscription plan, are required to affirm, for each instance of contact upload, that they have procured the necessary consent from their customers/contacts, or that their customers/contacts have expressly opted in to receive messages, prior to initiating any message dissemination via third-party platforms.|
|Not Applicable||Users subscribed to the Business Plan may elect to participate in data monetisation initiatives, provided that they assert and agree that they have procured explicit consent from their customers/contacts to share data with us. This data will be analysed and utilised solely for the purpose of sending anonymized remarketing communications.||Users subscribed to the Pro Plan may elect to participate in data monetisation initiatives, provided that they assert and agree that they have procured explicit consent from their customers/contacts to share data with us. This data will be analysed and utilised solely for the purpose of sending anonymized remarketing communications.|
- Sensitive Personal Data
health, race, ethnicity, political views, trades union membership, criminal records or any other sensitive personal information. We process your sensitive personal data only after obtaining explicit consent from you. You may withdraw consent at any time. See Section 8 below.
- Lawful Bases for processing data
We are required to process your data under at least one of these lawful bases:
- Legitimate interest:Processing your data is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, provided your rights and interests do not outweigh those interests.
- Consent: You have given explicit consent for us to process your data for a specific purpose.
- Contract: If your data processing is necessary for a contract you have with us or because we have asked you to take specific steps before entering into that contract.
- Legal obligation: If the processing of your data is necessary where there is a statutory obligation on us.
- Purpose of processing your data and the lawful basis
We collect your data to:
|Purpose of Processing||Lawful Bases|
- To administer our business
- To help us to develop, improve, customise or restructure our services
- To enforce our terms of service and any terms and conditions of any other agreements for our services.
|Legitimate interest, Contract|
- To manage your account.
- To communicate with you and for customer support.
- To address your inquiries, process your registration, and complete your transactions.
- To enable an easy and effective payment system.
- To send marketing or promotional messages to you and your contacts
- To install non-necessary cookies on your device.
- To take statistical data and analytics for our use internally
- To send you service-related messages
- To analyse Site usage and provide, maintain and improve the content and functionality of the Site.
- To inform you whenever there are changes to our terms of business or services.
|Legal obligation, contract|
- To secure your data and prevent fraud.
|Legitimate interest, legal obligation|
- To fulfil our Know Your Customer (KYC) obligation
- To interact with regulatory authorities or other public authorities concerning you.
- Your rights as a data subject
The law vests you with certain rights as a data subject. They include the right to;
- access personal data we hold about you by requesting a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- rectify such information where you believe it to be inaccurate;
- restrict the processing of your data in certain circumstances;
- object to the processing of your data where we intend to process such data for marketing purposes;
- where feasible, receive all personal data you have provided to us —in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format—and transmit the information to another data controller;
- request the erasure of your data (also known as the right to be forgotten);
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data; and
- lodge a complaint with a relevant authority, where you have reason to believe that we have violated the term(s) of this Privacy Notice. (You may complain or seek redress from us within 30 days from the time you first detected the alleged violation.).
You may seek to exercise any of the above rights at any time by sending an email to us via [email protected]
. The supervisory authority is the Nigerian Data Protection Bureau (NDPB), and you can send your complaint via email to [email protected]
- How and Who we share your data with
When sharing personal information, we implement appropriate checks and controls to confirm that the information can be shared in accordance with the applicable law and with your already granted consent. If we decide to sell, buy, merge, or otherwise reorganise businesses, such a transaction may involve disclosing some personal information to prospective or actual business purchasers, or the collection of personal information from those selling such businesses.
Personal information is shared for our business purposes: to improve efficiency, for cost savings, and internal collaboration between our subsidiaries (such as Enterscale and Scale Lab Africa). For example, we may share personal information such as managing our relationship with you and other external parties, compliance programs, or systems and networks security.
Our internal access to personal information is restricted and granted only on a need-to-know basis. Sharing of this information is subject to the appropriate intracompany arrangements, our policies, and security standards.
- our business with suppliers may include the collection, use, analysis, or other types of processing of personal information on our behalf.
- our business model includes cooperation with independent Business Partners for marketing, selling, and the provision of products and services. Where appropriate (for example, when necessary for the fulfilment of an order/service), we share business contact information with selected Business Partners.
- we may share personal information with professional advisors, including lawyers, auditors, and insurance companies to receive their services.
- we may share contractual relationship information with others, for instance, our Business Partners, financial institutions, telecommunication institutions, or government authorities, such as the customs authorities that are involved in fulfilment.
- We may share personal information with third parties, such as advertising technology partners, data analytics providers and social networks engaged by us to deliver targeted advertisements on their platforms, to aggregate information for analysis, and to track engagement with those advertisements.
In certain circumstances, personal information may be subject to disclosure to government agencies in accordance with judicial proceedings, court orders, or legal processes. We may also share personal information to protect the rights of Mooyi or others when we believe that such rights may be affected, for example to prevent fraud.
We may share your data with the following third parties:
|Third parties||Purpose of data sharing|
|Mailgun by Sinch||provides friendly APIs for sending marketing and transactional emails|
|Dotgo||Dotgo is a platform that provides programmatic messaging services using chatbots, RCS chats, SMS, etc.|
|Service Providers||We use certain third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, provide service on our behalf or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.|
|Hubspot||We use Hubspot for our Website analytics. Read Hubspot’s privacy notice here.|
|Google Analytics||We use various Google APIs and services for our Website’s operation. Read Google’s privacy notice here.|
|Law enforcement, government officials||We may disclose your data pursuant to a subpoena, or court order, when we need to do so to comply with law or credit/debit card rules; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.|
|Legal/ Regulatory Authority||We may disclose your data if we believe it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, order, subpoena, audit, or to protect the safety of any person, to address fraud, security or technical issues.|
Note that if you wish to prevent your device’s operating system from sharing your Personal Data with Mooyi or with the third parties mentioned for profiling purposes, you can do so by setting up your device appropriately – namely, by changing the privacy settings on your device to disable/restrict any advertising tracking features. For more information on this, please see the following links:
- Retention of your data
Your personal data or any other information collected will be stored for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this Notice. However, we will also retain personal data based on relevant provisions of applicable laws, to resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies. In addition, we delete your data for targeted marketing purposes once you unsubscribe from our marketing communications.
Please note that your data may be retained for a more extended period, notwithstanding your request to remove your data, where there is a legal requirement to do so.
- How your data is stored
We store and process your data. We protect your data using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls, and information access authorisation controls. Where there is an actual or suspected data breach capable of causing harm to your rights and freedoms, we will notify you without undue delay and use our best effort to remedy the violation within one (1) month from the date we notify you.
- International transfer of data
To achieve the purposes described in this Notice, we may transfer your data to countries that do not offer adequate protection or are not considered to have good laws by the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA). Where personal data is to be transferred to a country outside Nigeria, we shall put supplementary measures to ensure adequate protection.
Our data transfers to countries without adequate protection are subject to the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) conditions. We will, therefore, only transfer Personal Data out of Nigeria on one of the following conditions:
- Your consent has been obtained
- The transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between Us and you or implementation of pre-contractual measures taken at your request;
- The transfer is necessary to conclude a contract between Us and the third party in your interest;
- The transfer is necessary for reason of public interest;
- The transfer is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
- The transfer is essential to protect your vital interests or other persons, where the data subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent.
To obtain any relevant information regarding any transfers of your Personal Data to third countries (including the appropriate transfer mechanisms), please contact us.
- Marketing and communications
We are very particular about preserving your privacy and protecting your data. We deploy all reasonable and appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep your data safe. However, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any information you transmit via our Website, as the internet is not an entirely secure place. Nevertheless, we are committed to doing our best to protect you.
- Security of your data
We only send marketing communications to you with your consent. You may choose to opt out of our marketing emails by clicking on the ’unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the page.
If you are concerned about an alleged breach of data protection law or any other regulation by us, you can contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) via [email protected] . The DPO will investigate your complaint and provide information about how your complaint is handled.
Please be informed that you may complain to the relevant data protection authority if your complaints are not satisfactorily addressed.
- Changes to this notice
We update our privacy notice from time to time. We will notify our users when we change it, and visitors will know this by checking the last date of update on this page whenever you visit.
- Contact Us
If you have any questions relating to this Notice, your rights under this Notice, or are not satisfied with how we manage your personal data, kindly reach out to our Data Protection Officer [email protected] .